Can I get a mortgage? Advice on First Time Buyer Mortgages
As a first time buyer, buying your first home is an exciting time but can also be quite daunting. Even when you have decided on the right property for you there is still lots to think about. This includes researching first time buyer mortgages! At The Mortgage Clinic we want to take away some of the worries you may have around the finances of buying a home. Our Initial Mortgage Planning Consultation does just that!
Wondering how much you can borrow as a First Time Buyer? Arrange a free Initial Consultation at a Time That Suits You
We DO NOT charge a fee for our initial mortgage advice!
Before you even start viewing or bidding on any property you should speak to us for free mortgage advice – you need to know how much you can borrow and how much it will cost each month.
Our initial planning consultation and first time buyer mortgages advice will help you to set your budget, saving you time on viewing houses that are perhaps outside of your price bracket. We can tell you how much you can borrow, what costs and fees to expect and how much of a deposit you will need.
No need for you to check all the banks and building societies yourself – we can do this for you, all under one roof! Because we work with all the major UK lenders, as well as the local ones, you can be sure of independent advice, best suited to your needs. Each lender has their own lending criteria but our expert knowledge will make sure we find a solution that is matched to your own specific circumstances.
We will review your credit report which is the first hurdle to get through when you’re borrowing money of any description – whether it’s a mortgage, credit card or personal loan.
We will gain a mortgage ‘Agreement in Principle’ for you so you can be sure you can get the mortgage you require.
You will leave the Planning Consultation knowing how much you can borrow, how much it is likely to cost and what documents you need to start gathering together – ready to find your dream home!
- You view the properties you’re interested in, within the budget we have agreed
- When you find your favourite, register a bid
- Have a bid accepted and get your property ‘sale agreed’
- We check again for the best mortgage deal that’s right for your circumstances
- We complete your mortgage application
- Property valuation is carried out by the chosen mortgage lender
- The lender issues a mortgage offer
- In the meantime your solicitor will have been working in the background making the necessary checks etc
- Completion date agreed
- Collect your keys and get ready to move into your new home
YOUR HOME MAY BE REPOSSESSED IF YOU DO NOT KEEP UP REPAYMENTS ON YOUR MORTGAGE.